Sunday, March 01, 2009

Identity wants to be Free

Looks like we will have to kick some doll butt? (I don't know what help I will be, appearently my battle cry is more in the lines of:'Peace and harmony at all costs!' according to my astorlogical profile... It does say 'at all costs' tho'...That is a bit agressive :-))
But who are we and who are dolls? And the dolls are ppl too, just brainwashed, dangerous ones... And who doesn't love playing with dolls btw?
I remember the lyrics of Barbie Girl by danish 90'ties popgroup Aqua:

Make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please
I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees//
I'm a barbie girl, in the barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
you can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation

Now, Barbie is turning 50, but I'm more into Jem dolls, myself. Synergy (an A.I.), Shana (Outrageous! Fashion Designer) and Aya (grew up in foster care) are my favs... The Misfits are cool too, but was there ever a Techrat doll made? I want one. His bio, from the Jemgirl's site:
Techrat is an electronics genius. He has his own lab called the ‘Rathole’ where he has masses of computers, gadgets and the place he performs his electronic inventions. He is hired by Eric Raymond to create gadgets for the Misfits which usually are for the purpose of messing up Jem and The Holograms concerts. Some of his inventions include, remote controls, frequency jammers, laser light gadgets, flying objects and even a time machine. So often, his gadgets end up being destroyed by Pizzazz due to the fact she wants to have a play. Techrat is rather introverted and is happy to spend hours at a time working on his inventions. Still, he finds interaction with people an enjoyment only when he has completed a project and can show it off to his audience. He gets along better with his computers than he does with people. He doesn’t like to be too close to people and hates being touched. Techrat is kept as Eric’s secret weapon against Jem and the Holograms and they have never seen him and do not know he exists. Techrat enjoys the games played against Jem and the Holograms and loves to see his gadgets take on their full impact this way.

So, he's a little creepy (not as creepy Thin Man tho') but stylish, and reminds me of someone...

No comments: