Monday, June 22, 2009

Midsummer dreams

Midsummer dreams are supposed to be prophetical. Young girls still practice the folk magic practice of gathering seven (or nine) different kinds of flowers and sleeping with them under the pillow to dream about their future husband.
But there need not be any flowers at all. And the dreams can be about whatever.

Sunday night I woke everybody in the cottage up by screaming in my sleep. I dreamt that the cottage was beeing burglarised. ...I didn't scream because I was afraid! But to scare the burglar away or something in the lines of: "What in Hela's name do you think you are doing?!!" I went back to sleep, and dreamt about an amazing, exhilirating blizzard.

Now I don't know if I in the year before me am about to live through an actual break in to the cottage and a blizzard , or if I'm to expect a stormy, unasked for romance. To confuse this further, a wise woman once told me dream language often is 'backwards' and cryptic.
I guess I will have to wait and see what happens. So much for prophetic dreams. :-)

No comments: