Thursday, May 21, 2009

Con*version

Are Christians to run from witches in fear, or should they make every effort to reach them for Jesus Christ? Indeed, we show how a Christian can use this information to reach a practicing witch with the saving Gospel!

From: http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/headline.html
This kind of religious intolerance is better than beeing burned at the stake, but still, I find it hard to deal with. There are a couple of Jehovas witnesses that come around very often. I don't want to tell them what I really think because I don't want to scare them and I respect their right to their faith. In their perspective they are trying to save me. So how could I be disrespectful then? Large parts of my family is Jehovas. They seem very harmonious and happy. But beeing happy that way is just not in my nature. In an episode of Doctor Who a woman keept comin back to an old house, she said it was making her sad. And that sad is happy for deep people. ...It may sound bonkers but there is truth to it. I would not be happy if I couldn't have sad and destructive feelings. I am such a freak that way...
Would you rather be right or happy ? And of course the truth is, we all say we would rather be happy and we all perceive to live our lives as though we would rather be right !
This is a qoute from a new age group of the self help kind. But there might be even creepier movements out there now. I would not mind if they were running from me in fear. :-) The question is who are 'they'? Their apostel Bart is spreading the word:
Stop talking about the past and start building a new future. They really are there for us. You just have to have faith in them. They can help you find order in your mind.

Words from the Illegitimati, making PIE a happy place.

No comments: